Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Wednesday's Story Part 2

And here it is! Let me know how you like it, and if you have any questions about it!



This was impossible. Ira looked into the man’s eyes. A line from her book popped into her head as she saw is green eyes. Sea foam green eyes found her and held her own frightened gaze.
Apparently it was possible.  Shaking her head to clear her thoughts, Ira went back over the events that had just happened. I was shot. I died. And I woke up in the arms of my book character. Then a thought struck her.
“Am I in Heaven?” Ira forced the words passed her dry throat. To her surprise, Herron laughed.
“Sort of. Here, let me help you up.”
            He put a hand to her back, and she found she was trembling. Come on Ira Fitsgerald. Pull yourself together! She thought to herself. Once she was standing, she looked around. She was in a forest. It was thick and dark, and if she listened closely, she could hear many voices coming from inside the darkness.
            “What is that?” Ira asked, wrapping her arms around herself. “And where am I?”
            “Allow me to explain.” Herron took off his coat and wrapped it around Ira. He was just as thoughtful as she had imagined. “The voices you hear are other books being played out.”
            “ ‘Played’ out?”
            “Yes. You see, whenever a person has finished writing a book, they have a chance to see their book played out in front of them.”
            "Am I dead?" Ira asked shakily. “And that doesn’t explain the voices. And where is here?” Ira pulled Herron’s coat closer around her shoulders.
            “You aren't dead. When the last chapter of your book plays out, you will have the chance to return home, or stay here. The voices are the characters in the author’s book being played out. It really is paradise for writers.” He smiled at her then. “You don’t know how wonderful it is to meet you.”  
            Ira’s cheeks began to heat up. “Okay, um…that’s great and all, but where is this… ‘Paradise’?”
            “Well,” Herron rubbed his chin, “If you were on earth, you would be able to look up at the night sky and see it.”
            “Really? Then why hasn’t anyone discovered this…other world.”
            “They have.” He smiled at Ira’s shocked face. “This might ring a bell. It’s the second star to the right, and straight on ‘till morning.
            Ira’s jaw dropped. “This is Neverland?
            “This is what inspired Mr. Barrie’s Neverland.”
            "How do you know all of this?”
            Herron laughed. “As the main character of your book, I automatically have this information in my head.” He tapped his temple with a finger. “I know everything about anything you should ever ask. And to answer your question, Mr. Barrie was once in a coma. When he was in that coma, he came here, and saw everything you are about to see. He made calculations, and figured out that what this place is, is a star. The second star to the right, and straight on till morning, to be exact. He woke up from his coma, and was back on earth.
            “Mr. Barrie found his inspiration for Peter Pan while being here.”
             Ira sat dumbfounded. "I was shot. Am I in a coma?" This was a little too much for her to get her brain around right now. Herron saw her awestruck face and took pity on her. “I don't know. What I do know, is that you are still alive. Come,” He put his arm around her. “Once you get to your borderline, things will make more sense.”
            Ira was too tired to ask what her borderline was, so she let Herron guide her down a small dirt path directly in front of them. Trees enclosed them on either side, and Ira huddled under Herron’s arm. More voices came out from behind the trees, and it was scaring her. It might not have been so bad if there had been a little more light, but as it was, it was dark, cold, and frightening. “Why is it so dark here, Herron?”
            He smiled. It was the first time she had used his name. “It’s dark here because it’s night time. It’ll warm up in the morning, and everything will look better.”
            Ira certainly hoped so. She looked up and studied Herron. He was just right. The light brown, somewhat unruly hair was just the way she had pictured it. His smile, his voice, his dimple, and those beautiful sea green eyes couldn’t have been more perfect. Perhaps this really was paradise.
            “Ah, here we are.” Ira looked around herself. They were in a clearing in the woods, and the trees made three arches. Hanging below the first arch was a sign. It read, Tolkien. The second read, Lewis. And the third read, Fitsgerald.

Come back next Wednesday for part three!



(Oh, and I heard just the other day that a movie is being made of Peter and the Starcatchers. The man who directed the Hunger Games is directing this! Eeeek!!! I'm SO excited!)
<3 Clara

7 comments:

  1. I am loving the story....post again soon! That's so exciting about " Peter and the Starcatchers"!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Clara I can't remember - Have you read "Inkheart," "Inkspell," and "Inkdeath"? If you haven't, you should. It's a similar premise, in that the characters go book traveling as it were. Check em out, you'd love em.

    And I am EXTREMELY intrigued to discover whither this leads :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have seen "Inkheart" but have not read the books! I love the movie, though:) Thanks for reminding me about them!

      Delete
  3. I love your description of Herron!
    Hahaha, this is most intriguing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. THEY ARE MAKING A MOVIE ABOUT PETER AND THE STARCATCHERS?! YAYAYAYAYAYAY!!
    Your book. Oohh, this is SOO exciting! I wish I watch my book too, but I guess I sort of do, because as I write, I act it out myself lots of times. :)

    ReplyDelete

Allon-sy!