Wednesday, November 21, 2012

For FREEEEEE!!!

     Alrighty folks! Anne Elisabeth has just officially announced her Christmas Read-Along; it's going to be awesome and so fun! If you don't have Heartless already, and would like to participate in this fun event, just download it for FREE as an e-book. How amazing is that? You get one of THE MOST AMAZINGEST BOOKS EVER  for free!





     You may check out the details of this read-along at Anne Elisabeth's blog. If you have any questions about her books, or about...anything, I am sure she would love to answer them!

   While we're on the subject of books, I think it's time to tell you that I haven't read a single book since I started school back up. This is my confession to you all, and it is a terrible one. I just haven't had time! You can imagine the list I have worked up in my brain of all the books I want to read over Christmas break. I thought I'd share with you some of the main ones...you might want to look them up yourself! (they are in no specific order)

    #1. Cinder, by Marissa Meyer. Some friends told me that I would love this, so I'm going to give it a go.



     #2. Princess of the Silver Wood, by Jessica Day George. I love every single one of Jessica's books, and I cannot WAIT for her next installment of her outsanding series.


     #3. Moonblood, by Anne Elisabeth Stengl. Yes, yes. I haven't read it yet, but I have a good excuse! I have been trying desperately to win it, but now that I won 3rd in the fan fiction contest, my Mom and sister insist that we buy it.                                                                                                                                  

Oh...I could just stare at her covers for forever.



     #4.The Canary Trainer, by John H. Watson and Nicholas Meyer. Sherlock Holmes meets the Phantom of the Opera. Could it get any better?!                                                                                                        
    
And there's the end of it! I've got a few more that I'd like to read, but these are the main ones. Have a great Thanksgiving!!!                                                                                                                                          

<3 Clara                                                                                                                                                     

9 comments:

  1. Hi Clara! This is Hannah over from Anne's blog. I saw this post, and all of the sudden, I couldn't remember if you had ever finished Moonblood. Did you? If so, how'd you like it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to ask, Clara, have you finished "Cinder" yet? I haven't read it, but the front cover is so intriguing and the premise is...um...original. I'd like to hear your opinion on it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes I did read "Cinder"! It took some getting used to at first, (what with Cinder being a cyborg and all...how did Marissa Meyer come UP with that?!) but once I was into the first chapter, I was hooked. It was squeaky clean from what I remember, and completely unique in its plot. I really enjoyed it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great! I'm always on the lookout for fun, clean books. The plot would definitely take some getting used to (cyborgs, oh my!) but it did catch my attention. If you read it's sequel, "Scarlet", I'll be glad to hear what you think of it. I hear it's more violent, but I'm not sure how descriptive it gets.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't read "Scarlet" yet, although I'm dying to. It is definately a "fun" book; nothing too epic, but still very enjoyable!
    Did you watch the Desolation of Smaug live preview? If so, doesn't it look INCREDIBLE?!?!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gah! I missed it! But they say that a modified version will be available tomorrow! So I'm definitely looking forward to it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, that's great! I know you will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. SQUEEEE! I just saw it this morning! Wow! It was great. I'm rather a huge fan of Legolas, Mirkwood elves, and just elves in general so I was thrilled to see all the sneak peaks concerning them. I've always been slightly concerned with how the Mirkwood elves would be portrayed since Tolkien himself seemed to vary on them. But despite my original misgivings concerning Tauriel, I think (hope) that it shall all be pulled off very nicely. My main concern was that Tauriel would be showed off as superwoman whom even the prince would have to answer to, but it seemed Legolas was in charge, which appeased me considerably. :)
    And Bard looked very cool. Everything looked very cool. I so can not wait. And did you notice that they showed nothing of Beorn? I've seen a poster of him somewhere. Very impressive.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I saw that poster of Beorn as well! It does look very cool, but it bothers me that they aren't sticking with the book. It'll be a wonderful movie, but it won't be the book (to me, anyways). They aren't saying a word about the Necromancer or Smaug, either. The Elves do look incredible!

    ReplyDelete

Allon-sy!