Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Fantasy Movies are Taking Over!

Have you noticed the sudden surplus of fantasy movies? I'm not complaining...I'm actually completely thrilled! Finally, after Tim Burton's hit "Alice in Wonderland", people are starting to realize that fantasy movies are something that people like to watch. After "Alice", Snow White and the Huntsman came out along with Mirror Mirror; both were excellent fantasy adventures, although throughout Snow White and the Huntsman I was yearning for more dialogue. Later this year, The Seventh Son is coming out starring Ben Barnes and Jeff Bridges!
I 'm not quite certain what I think of this movie so far. It looks like it has potential to be quite good, but it also looks like it could end up being a bit of a mess. The movie is based on a series of books by Joseph Delaney.


Ben Barnes and Jeff Bridges.


Another fantasy movie that's coming out is Maleficent by Disney.


                                                                                                                                                                  Well, Angelina Jolie certainly looks the part, but I really don't know what what to think about it. I've heard that it's supposed  to be a lot like Wicked in that she starts out good and there are explanations why she turns bad, blah blah blah. I would have preferred Disney just to make Sleeping Beauty be the main character...but, Maleficent may prove to surprise me, and I could end up loving it. I won't judge until I see the trailer.

Next fantasy coming out is Cinderella, directed by Kenneth Branagh. SQUEEE!!!!!! Kenneth Branagh did such a wonderful job with Thor, I can hardly wait for Cinderella!

Lily James will be playing the part of Cinderella, and I think she's the perfect pick!



And Cate Blanchett will be the evil stepmother! Again, another perfect pick!



And the Prince will be played by Richard Madden. I've never seen him in anything, but it looks like he will be a very good Prince!



Oh, and guess who the Fairy Godmother will be played by?



Yes, Helenah Bonham Carter is a bit bizarre, but I think she will be a wonderful Fairy Godmother!

Are you excited about these fantasy movies coming out? I certainly am! Also...there are rumors of a Beauty and the Beast movie being made...it's not official yet, but there are rumors....

<3 Clara


9 comments:

  1. I haven't heard of "The Seventh Son", but it looks like it might be up my alley. All the other ones--especially "Maleficent" and "Cinderella" have me so excittteedddd!!!! Not to mention "Frozen" coming out this November!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! I'm super excited about Frozen! I know it's going to be sooo good:)

      Delete
  2. I hadn't heard of these!

    And wow...yep, no doubt about it. If Moonscript was a movie, Errance would be played by Ben Barnes. I never was able to find a picture of him that satisfied me, but that poster of him (save for the beard) is Errance ALL over.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! I'm so glad you finally found someone to be Errance:P

      Delete
  3. I too am excited that more fantasy films are being made, although I am skeptical about all of these. Often times fantasy films are really hit and miss, but Life of Pi was quite good though, and the Hobbit: Desolation of Smaug should be awesome later this year!

    -James

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, yes! I'm very much looking forward to The Hobbit: Desolation of Smaug as well. I agree with you...for some reason Maleficent just turns me off. I'm not quite sure why. But I am hopeful that Cinderella will be good, and Seventh Son looks like it miiiight be a fun movie.

      Delete
  4. This has nothing to do with this post, but I finished the Mistmantle Chronicles. *Sniffle, sniffle*. It was so beautiful. It was so sad, because I felt like I'd lost a friend. But at the same time, I was so happy because he was happy. I wasn't ready for the stories to be over, but it was a good place to end.

    Than you so much for introducing me to them, Clara! I really loved them! My favorite characters were Crispin and Fingal. And oh man, was The Raven War intense. I was so afraid for the characters! But all turns well in the end. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My two favorite characters as well! I'm so glad you enjoyed it...I cried so much through those books...I couldn't have put it any better than you. I felt like they were all my friends. Now you can start re-reading them:P

      Delete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Allon-sy!