Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Tagged Again!

Hullo one and all! The Time of the Tags is upon us, apparently... you remember that in my previous post, Hannah tagged me for some super fun questions. Well, I just discovered that Rachel over at Sesquipedalian Dreamer tagged me for another blogging game! This time, I just list my favorite movies! (This is going to be tough because I have a surplus of favorites.)  

1. The Lord of the Rings Trilogy
I love these movies because...do I really have to explain? Are we all in agreement that these are the best movies ever made? Yes? Ok. Moving on, then.

2. The Phantom of the Opera
This is a beautiful movie with a completely enrapturing story. Even if there wasn't stunning music and a classic story to go along with it, I would be satisfied watching the movie just for the gorgeous dresses. Gerard Butler, Emmy Rossum, and Patrick Wilson star in this heart-wrenching movie...I can't even say how much I love this story and movie. No matter how many times I watch it, The Phantom of the Opera never gets old.

3. Thor

Well, of course I have to have a superhero movie in here somewhere! Thor was quite a surprise to me. I didn't expect to like it nearly as much as I did, and I was thrilled with the wonderful acting, humor, and fantasy aspects of the movie!

4. Wives and Daughters


Who doesn't love a good BBC movie? I love the emotion in the movie, and the character of Molly. Really, there are no better actors than the British! There are many BBC films that I love just as much as Wives and Daughters such as North and South, Cranford (1 and 2), and Pride and Prejudice (Jennifer Ehl and Colin Firth version).

5. Horatio Hornblower


FIYAAAAAHHH!!!!!!

This is another BBC series that I simply couldn't live without, and every time I watch it I feel the irrepressible urge to yell "Fire!" Again, the acting is excellent, and the stories are wonderful.
"I congratulate you on you perspicacity, sir!"
That is a much quoted quote around our house from the episode "Fireships" :) 


Those are the main movies that come to mind, and I do watch many of them with "clearlplay". Some others that I love are Pirates of the Caribbean, Alice in Wonderland, the Oceans trilogy, The Princess Bride, Tammy and the Bachelor, Star Wars and many, many more!

Now I'm supposed to tag more people. And those people are....

Hannah

ghost ryter

Rebeka B.

If ya'll don't want to participate, don't worry about it!

Happy reading everyone!

<3 Clara

10 comments:

  1. Ooohh, definitely agree with a lot of your choices, Clara! Thanks for the tag!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem! I look forward to your post!

      Delete
  2. Oh, thank you for the tag! I would love to list my favorite movies! How Awesome! And of course, I love your #1 choice. :) I never watched Horatio Hornblower, but I loved Ioan Gruffud's acting in 'Amazing Grace'.

    'Thor' is another movie I adore, which rather came as a surprise to me. Have you seen both trailers to 'Thor: The Dark World?' Aren't they amazing???

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes!!! They ARE incredible! I think I must've watched them about a million times...lol. I was wanting to see more of Asgard in the first one, and so I so happy to see that they will be exploring more of Thor's homeland in The Dark World! Plus...it looks pretty obvious that Loki is gonna turn good, at least I hope he does. *fingers crossed*

      Delete
  3. Thank you for tagging me! Hmm. Going to have to put my thinking cap on.
    Have you read "The Phantom of the Opera" book, by the way?
    And what's "Horatio Hornblower" about?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually own "The Phantom of the Opera" book! It's a bit slow and boring in places, and entirely different than the play and movie, but it's still an enjoyable read if your a fan of the main story! Do you like Phantom?

      Horatio Hornblower is based on a series of books written by C. S. Forester, which I haven't read. It's basically about Horatio finding his "manhood" as a young Royal Naval Officer during and between the French Revolutionary Wars and the Napoleonic Wars. It really is an excellent series, but later episodes to have some inapropriate scenes, so be careful watching it!

      I can't wait to read your favorite movies!

      Delete
  4. Thank you for doing my tag. Lord of the Rings trilogy and Thor are some of my absolute favorites too. Both the LOTR books and movies are basically perfect, I love them!

    -James

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for coming up with the tag! It was loads of fun:) And yes...the LOTR are just perfection. 'Nuff said!

      Delete
  5. So glad to see 'Wives and Daughter's on your list! Have you seen 'North & South'? It's fantastic! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, my YES!!! I LOVE North and South. I don't know why I didn't put that one up on my list...I just put down the first ones that entered my head! My Dad has actually been itching to watch "North and South" again, so we may be watching it pretty soon:P

      Richard Armitage is fantastic...did you see him in the BBC Robin Hood series? Yes, it was incredibly cheesy, but I didn't miss an episode!

      Delete

Allon-sy!