Hannah just tagged me for yet another Q and A! She came up with some fun questions and I had a great time answering. Here they are!
- Which fictional character has inspired you the most to be a better person?
Well, I’d have to say Princess Una from Anne Elisabeth Stengl’s book Heartless. That may come as a bit of a shock considering she’s selfish, immature, and quite mean to the hero of the story, but I find her inspiring because she isn’t perfect. She’s lost and floundering alone and yet she refuses to be helped-- at first. In the end she chooses to do what’s right, and ultimately becomes a very inspiring character.
2. What landscape do you love the most (desert, rain forest, snow, grass-fields, mountains, etc.)?
Mountains! I love hiking and seeing the gorgeous views from the top of them.
“I want to see mountains again, mountains, Gandalf! And then find somewhere quiet where I can finish my book.”
….I had to put that in there.
3. Name your #1 Literary Crush.
Honestly? I don’t know. Eanrin with his smug attitude and yet very soft heart is definitely one of my favorites. Also, I love the wizard Howl from Howl’s Moving Castle, (who is very similar to Eanrin) and Rhyse, the loveable sorcerer from The Two Princesses of Bamarre. Oh! And there’s Ren and Kishan, the thousand year-old Indian brothers and princes from The Tiger’s Curse series.
4. If you were in a book, what name would you give yourself, what role would you play, and what would you look like?
Ha ha! This is a fun question.
I think I would give myself the name Belle since my parents almost called me that, and one of my many nick-names is “Clara Belle”. I wouldn’t be the main character in a story. I think I would be more of the Samwise Gamgee character; true friend to the main character and their protector. I would look just as I do now: light brown hair, dark brown eyes, and a bit short. (My brother Ian has taken to calling me a little “Adipose” after the Doctor Who episode. He says I look like one and I’m quite insulted.)
Tell me that I do not look like this.
5. If you could have any superpower (flying, strength, far-sight, etc.) what would it be?
FLYING!!! Oh, how much fun it would be to fly!
6. Name your favorite activity you did as a child.
Going on “Adventure Walks”with my imaginary friends the Dinosaurs Rex and Raptory. I was far too into the
movies. Jurassic Park
7. What food have you never tried, but really want to?
Indian. As much as I love Thai food I think I would really enjoy the spices and intricate dishes of the Indian culture.
8. What do prefer, fantasy or sci-fiction?
That’s like asking me to choose between Star Wars and The Lord of the Rings. I can’t do it. I love them both.
9. Do you prefer indoors or outdoors?
Outdoors! Although I’m usually inside typing away at my computer…
10. If you writing, how far along are you in your current work-in-progress? And if you don't write, how far along are you in the current book you're reading?
I’m in my second chapter right now…which sounds pitiful, but I’ve been writing and re-writing my prologue and first chapter for what seems like a very long time!
Thanks Hannah for tagging me! These were fun and clever questions, and I had a great time answering them. I’ll do my Favorite Heroes post on FridayJ