Thursday, November 7, 2013

Thor and My Wild Red Headed Sister

Hello, all! It's been a while since I've posted, and I'm terribly sorry for that. I've been writing like a madwoman trying to get my short stories done by the deadline. I almost have Life at the Crystal Shoe Factory finished, and I'm half way through The Moon Master's Ball. I'm happy with the way both of them are turning out, and I certainly am excited to read everyone elses's stories that they've submitted! If you are a writer and want to have  a chance to be published, click on the button on the side of my blog that says "Five Glass Slippers", and it will take you to the website where you will be told the stipulations for the short story contest. This is a publishing opportunity that you writers don't want to miss out on!

On to other happenings of the day, Thor: The Dark World comes out, and I'm SO EXCITED!! If you would like to see a hilarious video featuring Loki and a bunch of kiddies or some goofy Thorsday pictures, head over to James's blog J and J Productions.


I am utterly thrilled about going to see this movie, but for more reasons than one...

I have a sister named Laura. She has red hair and the wild personality that goes right along with it. She, my brother and I went  to see Thor when it first came out at midnight, and I got so frustrated with Laura. When I go see a movie I want to sit quietly and soak up every line and every action scene, and as soon as Thor started, I realized that it was going to be an amazing movie.

But when I saw Laura with her giant bag of popcorn over by the pump where you can squirt out more butter pumping pumping pumping, I knew that the butter was going to soak through her bag. And sure enough, after we sat down and the movie started she's sitting beside me, chomping away at the popcorn and then I hear her say, "There's butter all over my jeans!"
She somehow remedied the problem and we continued watching the movie in silence. After Thor's almost coronation, Laura looks over at me and chuckles. "You're soaking this up, aren't you?"

I shushed her.

Then Thor and his companions get to Jotunheim and Hogun says, "We shouldn't be here." Laura starts laughing and leans over to me again. "That's an understatement."
"Will you be quiet?!" I was getting quite upset by now, and I looked at her to give her an angry look, but she made a goofy face, making me laugh.

The third incident happened when you see Loki as a blue baby. That got Laura tickled once again and I hear her quote softly, "I had a fairly standard childhood." (Those of you who are fans of Megamind will get that reference) I couldn't help but laugh along with her at that moment.

The night continued in a similar fashion. Laura being annoying, and me not be able to get angry with her because she's so funny. But now she's married and living far away from me so she won't be able to ruin my first viewing of The Dark World. Of this, I am excited; but....I might just miss her a little bit....


<3 Clara
  

6 comments:

  1. Oh, that is a hilarious story.

    "I had a fairly standard childhood." WOW. That similarity never occurred to me. Now I'll never be able to watch the movie the same way again. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! I can't help but laugh every time I see that scene!

      Delete
  2. Thank you very much for the link! :D

    LOL, that's funny about the butter and popcorn!

    I can't wait to see The Dark World! I'm so excited for it!

    -James

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your welcome!

    I'm so excited too! Can't wait to hear your thoughts on it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hahaha, ohh Laura!
    Christie and I saw it Saturday night; we'd have driven you nuts, because the bad guy is played by the Ninth Doctor and we went ballistic every time he came on screen!!

    You. Will. LOVE IT.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol! I can just see you and Christie going crazy over Christopher Eccleston :)

      I've seen the movie twice, now, and YES I absolutely LOVED IT!!!

      Delete

Allon-sy!